Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our Sunday drive

We decided to take a little "drive" around after the bad weather and here are some pics of what we saw. Here is a tree blown over in a field...there were about 5 of them all in one area from the storm (leftover Ike).
We has a lot of rain in a short amount of time and there were several roads with water over them...this pic shows one...and the rain had stopped several hours by this time.
I took this pic as we were driving...I was happy it showed, cause we were actually moving quite fast. It was a beautiful site with the sun peaking through the clouds... When my dd was about 3 or 4 years old, and it had been raining...and we saw a similar view as this, she told me that "that was God peeking down from heaven, checking on us." Every time I see the suns rays shining through like this, it reminds me of that. It is funny what little kids say.
This big hornets nest was hanging from a limb over the road. We stopped to take a picture, but didn't stay long, lol. It was a big one, that is for sure, but we are not very close it it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: