Thursday, June 12, 2008

Canning Chicken

This is some chicken that I canned the other day. I canned 8 pints. It looks wonderful. It was great. I cooked down some chicken the day before and deboned and deskinned it, and put that back into the chicken stock. I waited till the next day to can it up, but It was really easy, cause the hard part was the cooking, and boning the chicken out. I took the chicken in broth, heated it up on the stove, and ladeled that into my already hot and boiled pint jars, wiped the rims and placed on the rings. I placed them into an already boiling pressure canner. When all 8 were in the canner, I closed it up, brought it to 11 lbs of pressure and started a time for 75 minutes. After that time, I allowed it to pressure down, then removed the chicken from the cooker, allowing it to set out for 24 hours to seal, and cool. After the 24 hours, then I remove the rings, clean the jars, write on the lables and then put them up.
This is a close up of one of the jars...it looks great. This chicken will be great to make chicken soup, casseroles, or even chicken salad, yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: